WinXP Movie Player Open Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB6831

Beta member
I have WinXP on my laptop computer and when I go to open a movie player (same on 3 different movie players), there is a delay (1-3 mins) before it opens. Task Manager shows that the SYSTEM is tying up the CPU at this time. Note that after the delay the movie player opens up ok, and IF I close it and re-open it within a few moments it opens up again without any delay, but IF I wait a few minutes before opening it again, I have the same delay problem! Help! What is the SYSTEM doing with the CPU during this time???? :confused:

Since nobody was able to help me with this....... thought you might be interested in what the problem was.............. was a virus detection program that was running. When I turned Real Mode off, the problem went away.

Bob....sorry, this is the first time I saw your question. Sorry no one was able to answer but I'm glad you found the problem. BTW, real-time virus protection can be a problem when installing software, running certain application and copying files. You'll notice a difference when you disable it.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom