My bad...it's the CPU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many wires does it have and what is the mbaord and fan etc?

It has 3 wires: black, red, and blue. The motherboard is a Biostar M7NCG-400. The brand of fan is CoolerMaster.

You could also try going into the bios and see if there are any options for fan speed control.

I researched it, and this motherboard doesn't support fan control. The BIOS screen gives information that cannot be configured (fan RPMs, CPU temp, etc.)

Make sure the fan plug going onto the motherboard is inserted in the 3 pins and not in 2. Make sure the Power switch and the reset and hdd led and whatnot is in the correct pins on the motherboard. Also make sure that the jumper for the cmos reset and password reset r in the correct pins.

The fan plug is correctly connected to the motherboard. The power switch/reset/HDD LED seems to be correctly installed. I figured the CMOS jumper would be in the correct spot by default, but if this may cause a problem with the fan speed then maybe I'll try switching it to the other pins.

is that 30c idle? Whats your max temp? does your board have a temp alarm?

Yes that's idle. The highest I've seen it get to since the new board is around 34 degrees C, and that was after playin WoW for > 1 hour. Not sure bout the temp alarm...I'll hafta check into that later when I'm around the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom