Gainward Bliss 6800GS Golden sample 512Mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0dge

Hiphopapotamus.
Hey, I just bought the above card, installed it, installed the drivers, rebooted etc and got 10000 points less on Aquamark3 than with my old 9800pro.
I've tried the latest drivers and some old ones too.

Any suggestiins would be appreciated,

Cheers guys.

B.

The power supply is ok for the card, i think. It's a cheap 500w PSU, but it has 18A on the 12v rail, and ive tried running aquamark with just the HDD and Card plugged in, and the results were the same.

I'm coming to the end of my tether with it, so if anyone can suggest anything, however small/stupid-sounding, I really would appreciate it!

EDIT: Yes, the 6Pin connector is plugged in!

What is the aquamark score? It might be lower than the 9800, but it might not be that low in general. What about 3dmark05? What score do you get?

What i said before, try making sure your ram is in DC mode and that the one stick of 2100 is out. Make sure your mobo drivers are up to par and are stable as well.

Right. That's it. I've tried everything, so on Sunday when I get some time to myself, I'm formatting and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, I'm RMAing the card and getting a 6800 GT off Ebay.

I hate when things don't go to plan.....

That's true, I believe, but it theoretically should beat a 9800PRO too! I'll Let y'all know the outcome of the reinstall early next week. Fingers crossed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom