Cannot Access Disk Managment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
Ya, this will be the first time I have posted with a problem. :p

I tried installing an old Quantum Fireball 2 GB HD today, I recieved the Drive from my A+ Teacher. I wanted to put my swap file on it so I would gain a preformence increase, I determined it to be a dead drive after I heard clicking noises and The BIOS not detecting it.

However, I tried to access disk managment just to be sure and I get an error stateing that the RPC process was not started and that is was unable to connect to logical disk manager service.

The only software changes I have made since the last time I used disk managment, were disabling some services after reading through This
Article.

I went through all my disabled services and couldn't find one that related to disk managment.

I intend to try many drives from my teacher until I find one that works. Therefore I will need disk managment to format it.

Any help? I have no idea why I cannot access Disk Managment.

unplug your hdds and turn on computer. you will get an error. turn computer off. plug it back in

now try it

Server. I swear it was Service though. ;)
According to the Error, And After the First time I try to Access it , A message at the bottom Bar states :

Unable to Connect To logical Disk manager Service.

Can you manually start the RPC Service? And if not have you checked for dependencies for the RPC Service that may not be started?

wasisnt said:
Can you manually start the RPC Service? And if not have you checked for dependencies for the RPC Service that may not be started?
Already been Tried, No Change In Error.

Edit: A Repair From the Windows XP Disc Corrected the error, Disk managment now works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom