got a new computer but the comptuer is very loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmitrip

Solid State Member
hello

not too long ago i bought new comptuer parts upgrading my computer from pentium 2 300mhz to penitum 4 3.0 mhz and 1gb ram

but when i finsiehd upgrading the computer i powerd it up and it seems that the power supply works very loud and when its hot in the room its even louder

my power supply is a 300w one

so today i bought a new power supply of 380w which has twice the size of the fan than myold one i installed it and the comptuer still seems loud

any ideas?

Are you sure it's not the HSF? I would open your case up and check if it's the cooler. If it's a stock cooler, that could be causing the noise.

yup, i said it's the heatsink. well, the fan on it. and good decision go get a bigger PSU, that'll help you avoid some problems. but yea, i say get a nice quiet (<30dB) CPU fan and it should solve the problem

wat other fans do you have in the case?

it would definitely be the HSF. get a nice thermaltake/zalman/arctic cooling/vantec silent cooler. you don't need a big high performance cooler unless you are overclocking so just get a cheap silent cooler, grab some arctic silver 5 while you're at it and that should help keep temperatures down and fan speeds down therefore even less noise

you might also want to get thermal grease to reduce the heat, therefore reducing the speed at which the hsf is at, therefore reducing the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom