building

Status
Not open for further replies.
7200 is really good. If u have the money then get the 10,000. But if not then forget it. here is the 10,000 one. http://us-depot.com/wedira7410sa.html. Its a lot more money as you can see. Im not gonna say anything about the memory but if u wanna go and spend more money on a gig of memory which u wont really need then go for it... I dont get the cd rom/dvdrom choices.

Welcome back to the forum harley88.Click here for a 74BG 10,000RPM Western Digital hard drive. If thats out of your price range, a 7,200 RPM one will suit you just fine, the installs on those flight sims just wont be as speedy.

You need a DVD-ROM drive, not just CD ROM. So be sure you buy one thats says its DVD-ROM compliant.

Dont worry about bothering us, we're here to help!

Monster oo

thanks for reply.
what i mean on the cd stuff is that one has a 48x read speed and the other has a 52 x would it be better to just get the 52 x and drop the dvd or does it make any diff?

i want the 1 gb memory, will the ones i picked work with everything?

thanks much
harley

well, 48X vs a 52X is not really a big difference. You wont really notice it. But i mean go with the 48X with the DVD rom.

Sharpnill

thanks much for your reply.

i have not made up my mind about the 10,000 rpm hard drive.
but if i go for the 7200, will the:
Maxtor 7200 rpm IDE (OEM DRIVE ONLY), work with the other stuff that i got picked out (above)

thanks much
harley

Sounds good, here's a summary:

Case: XS-Alien, Aluminum Windowed ATX Tower Case

Power Supply: 500 Watt (Bundled with case)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 3.4Ghz, 800MHz FSB, socket 478

Motherboard: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

*Memory: 512-1024 MB PC 3200 400 MHz DDR RAM

*Hard Drive: 1) 74 Gb Western Digital 10,000RPM Raptor Drive (2x if you want RAID)
2) Maxtor 7200 rpm IDE (OEM DRIVE ONLY)

*DVD-ROM IDE Drive (Any)

*CD-RW IDE Drive (Any)

*Floppy Drive (Any)

NOTE: Items with a "*" still undecided.

If you have some extra money, you might want to look into buying some cathode lights. Remember you still need a keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

yes it will. If u get the 10,000 or the 7200RPM drive, they will both work with the things u have.

cpu

which is best, this one or the first one i posted?

Attachments

• i am the ride sample.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 35
cpu

i have posted two times, which is the best, this one or the one above?
harley

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom