PC Won't Boot Properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpecial

Baseband Member
My brother is having problems starting up and running his computer. When he came home from school today, he returned to the Windows Blue Screen of Death, and when he tried rebooting his computer, it didn't start up right.

After the computer started, he got a few messages regarding a Broadcom device, and then one that said their was a Media Test Failure. I checked inside the computer and there didn't appear to be anything wrong with that specific hardware. However, when I turned on the computer after looking inside the PC, we received another error(in addition to the Broadcom error), saying Primary Hard Drive Disk 0 Failure, and something saying SATA Primary Hard Disk 0 Configuration error. I then checked the cords for all the drives, and I couldn't see anything wrong. Can someone help me find a solution to this?

hmmmm, a BIOS problem? that's strange. At first it sounded like a hardware issue, but then it sounds like it manifested itself to cause more problems. Can you boot the drive on another machine?

whatever the problem is, if you can ever get back into windows again, you MUST get the data off of the drive somehow.

mess around with the HD and other devices, after youÂ’ve saved the data.

(RafeÂ’s mother just lost several years of data a few days ago because her HD failed. [so forgive my rather pushy advice] )

lol, uhm yeah try that HDD in another computer make sure all the connections r tightly.. If the HDD seems fine then swap out the IDE / SATA cables if u got them. And try different ones.

I went back today, and I checked all the plugs to all the devices. After starting up, I saw no message regarding his broadcom hardware, or the Hard Drive. Instead, it only says Primary Drive 0 not found after the BIOS information. According to one of the cables(or strips?) inside his computer, that appears to be his DVD drive. Is this what I should be taking out instead of his hard drive? Or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom