Case for the Rediculously Wealthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That first case is ok, but the other ones is ugly. It has the same wheels on it that my deks has. That's pretty cool though, drawing heat away from the CPU with heat pipes. I was thinking if there was anything like that avaliable.

Well, the second / third case shown here are da/\/\n ugly alright XD BUT ...Negetive temp?! If that really does that... this thing rocks lol.... but what was the ambient temp they tested this case with =\... cause i hardly doubt you can get to a - temp in a normal room....

And for the record:

The lowest, the better! No such thing as TOO low temp for computers, as long as it doesnt involve with water and ice LOL

Yoad said:
Well, the second / third case shown here are da/\/\n ugly alright XD BUT ...Negetive temp?! If that really does that... this thing rocks lol.... but what was the ambient temp they tested this case with =\... cause i hardly doubt you can get to a - temp in a normal room....

And for the record:

The lowest, the better! No such thing as TOO low temp for computers, as long as it doesnt involve with water and ice LOL

It's phase change cooling...for SERIOUS overclockers. It will keep the chip in **** near any room at negative temps.

And, too low of a temperature can damage the chip just as badly as too hot can.

Perhaps it can, but we're talking about -80 or lower lol... I hardly doubt that anything near -50 is dangerous whatsoever

As I'm sure you all know, when AMD transcended to the 0.09u process everything didn't go as well as we (the overclockers that is) wanted it to. The words "Cold bugged" appeared more often and it seemed that the integrated memory controller couldn't handle the cold too well, sadly enough.Symptoms like no boot, unstable CPU's at high HTT, became usual when dealing with extreme cold. Now, there are a few CPU's which doesn't seem to have a so called coldbug and over at Xtremesystems.org a project to decode the stepping of the Athlon 64 CPU's has started.The stepping contains information like CPU revision, clockspeed, voltage and also what memory controller it uses.The goal is of course to collect enough information to see which CPU's that are cold bugged, and which ones that are not. One of the project initiators, called s7e9h3n, gives us his thoughts on why the coldbug apperars on some CPU's and all in all really interesting reading.

Source: http://www.nordichardware.com/news,2885.html

Never heard of triple phase change cooling, dry ice, or liquid nitrogen cooling? Try it can get down to -178C. Like was said, for "serious" overclockers who are sponsored get the toys for the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom