Your thoughts on Prescott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that the prescott has 1meg cache and the other 1 has 512meg cache but what does the cache do? would there be a big difference Between the two?

DAVID_15 said:
i know that the prescott has 1meg cache and the other 1 has 512meg cache but what does the cache do? would there be a big difference Between the two?

Hmm, thats a technical question that has a technical answer, but here go:p

Basicly the computer trys to predict what your gonna need so when it does this is holds such things in the different levels of cache:confused:

I think thats the proper answer anyway, hopefully someone can tell me I'm right:p

The more Cache basicly the faster the computer handle things, thats why you see the P4 EE's with a total of 2.5mb of cache spread out amongest 3 levels and why Server CPU's have gargantuan caches aswell(though Intel does it mainly cause they are at a huge lose when you compare them Quad Xeon's to Quad Opteron's, but thats another subject:rolleyes: ). The main downside to more Cache though is higher prices aswell:rolleyes:

the price here (australia) are INTEL P4 3.2ghz 512 Cache $422 , INTEL P4 3.2ghz 1 meg cache $492 , INTEL P4 EXTREME 3.2ghz 2 meg cache $1319 and theres only $10 difference for the 2.8 Ghz to the prescott 2.8 Ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom