AGP the new PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is so awesome. I start work within a few days at this office building. It's a company started by some family friends but I know so many people who work there. I can't wait to make so nice dough and snag that PC finallllly. I think I'll be able to build near the end of june. $1200...Theres really nothing else to add to that build either. Except maybe SLI or a DC opty. Maybe a physics card and sound card...okay so theres a few things! lol. But hopefully it will be a sick PCI-E system lol and won't be built days before Conroe or some crap!

Umm yea ...

First off, PCI-express is more like AGP than PCI.

Next, AGP won't be returning, I believe that the next video card interface will be PCI-expressx32, or something that has a "bandwith multiplier" of 32.

And he knows jack about computers.

Simple: PCIe = 2x the AGP bandwidth: AGP = RIP. No resurrection. AGP wil be around for another 4 or 5 years because the vast number of mobo's out there are still AGP
Simple, we didnt even use the full bandwidth of AGP, so what makes you think that we take even half the bandwidth of PCI-E? We dont, so in math PCI-E is better but in RL its basicaly the same thing w/ a new name and structure. Sure the tech is there to be better IN THE FUTURE but its not CURRENTLY better than AGP.

the most simple anwser why agp won't be returning is
AGP = No SLI
PCI-E = SLI and QUAD SLI

nvidia wants promots SLI to no end

BennyV04988 said:
this is so awesome. I start work within a few days at this office building. It's a company started by some family friends but I know so many people who work there. I can't wait to make so nice dough and snag that PC finallllly. I think I'll be able to build near the end of june. $1200...Theres really nothing else to add to that build either. Except maybe SLI or a DC opty. Maybe a physics card and sound card...okay so theres a few things! lol. But hopefully it will be a sick PCI-E system lol and won't be built days before Conroe or some crap!
Sorry ive never heard of a Physics card...what is it?

P.P. Mguire said:
Simple, we didnt even use the full bandwidth of AGP, so what makes you think that we take even half the bandwidth of PCI-E? We dont, so in math PCI-E is better but in RL its basicaly the same thing w/ a new name and structure. Sure the tech is there to be better IN THE FUTURE but its not CURRENTLY better than AGP.

Thanks P.P.! I agree, AGP won't come back, I'm just saying its not dead yet, and that PCI-e came way too early. Why move over to the next architecture if the old one's max capacity hasn't been reached yet! Sure, SLI is a bonus, but how many people use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom