Sharing files between Desktop/Laptop & Laptop to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like you have a firewall blocking the connection, can you disable mcafee briefly to see if thats doing it?

See if you can ping one machine from the other... open the run box and type cmd, then type ping xxx.xxx.x.x where the x's are the ip of your second machine.

You say your laptop is wireless, does it connect to a WAP on the router or a wireless card in the desktop?

my laptop has wireless card but my laptop is connected to my desktop. My desktop is connected direct to my router LINKSYS....
I tried to do the Ping and is alright...0% loss

I dont dont what is wrong.

i will try disable mcafee briefly to see then!!!
maybe...

Rogerio said:
my laptop has wireless card but my laptop is connected to my desktop. My desktop is connected direct to my router LINKSYS....

How is your laptop connected? use the wireless!!

If not get an ethernet cable and connect to the router then run the wizard! And like I said before configure the firewall for filesharing if its not windows firewall!!

my laptop has wireless card into it!!! the windows firewall is enable and mcaffee too!!! i need both?

Rogerio said:

What did you mean by this then????? I think we speak two different languages or something.

Since now you have the best firewall possable(Your router) you don't need a stand alone software firewall. A router plus windows built in firewall are all you need. And like I said windows firewall plays nice with your home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom