eMachines problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tryed what I wrote? If you unzipped that file like you said that is the drivers and it install's them into the windows system inf folder then when you search for new hardware it should install the drivers,

Your both wrong, thats the USB 2.0 enhanced PCI interface. It has NOTHING to do w/ your Sound Blaster.
1st, install Service Pack1 and restart. Then update the USB driver and it will work.
2nd go to www.creative.com and search for your Sound Blaster model and dl the drivers. Disable the onboard sound from the BIOS and then your SB will work.

USB and sound have nothing to do w/ each other. Listen to what they are saying, they are right.

I did disable the on-board, and the SB still didn't work. It left an error in the device manager and didn't work. I don't need to download any drivers, I have them on a CD.

I am definitly not trying SP1..that f***'s me over EVERYTIME I try it.

Oh well, I guess I'll just leave it for now..

If you dont install SP1 then you wont have the Enhanced USB controler disapear. Try taking the SB out and put it in a differnt slot. You prolly have resource colisions. Also, if SP1 screws you over then you have something terribly wrong or your doing something wrong everytime.

Everytime I install SP1, something messes up. Whether it be I never see my desktop again, or having it corrupt during installation and never booting again...whatever, it never fails to ..fail on me.

Now, someday when I'm really bored I'm going to make an XP SP2 disc, as per "Warez Monster"'s 'tut'.

So, what do these "enhanced usb controller" do anyway?

It makes it so you can run your USB 2.0 devices run at USB 2.0. Enchanced PCI USB Bus controler is only another fancy name for USB2.0 controler. So say you dont have SP1 and these drivers installed then your USB2.0 flash drives and External drives will run at USB1.1 speeds. Also, SP2 will crash your machine if not careful, SP1 wont. I suggest "aquiring" an edition of XP Pro w/ SP1 installed on it then you shouldnt have any problems.

CrazeD said:

Now, someday when I'm really bored I'm going to make an XP SP2 disc, as per "Warez Monster"'s 'tut'.

What are you on about, you do realise you can get microsoft to mail you an SP2 CD for Free just by going to their website and filling in your address...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom