Adheasive thermal past problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley3344

In Runtime
Adheasive thermal paste problem...

I have just bought a 3ed party heatsink and went to go install it and somehow the thermal past was adheasive... i Built the comp and appretly i bought the wrong past (now i have a good nonadheasive past) I went to remove the heatsink and had to do vary little tugging and to my shock the cpu was fermly glued to the heatsink.... there are no bent pens or anything... when I looked down the lock was still in the locked possition on the mobo... now i have everything just setting there... is there any way to get the cpu off of the heatsink and is my mobo and cpu still alive or did i kill it by doing that.. plz dont flame me just laugh to urself. im in need of help any info will be much appreciated. ( im not going to do anyhting till i get a responce). thanks

Re:

Hello,

:freak: sorry to hear :mad: a sticky situation :rolleyes: ...

Is the lock mechanism on the socket of the motherboard still functional? Can you still place and lock the CPU securely in it?

As for your CPU and heatsink...as long as the CPU and heatsink isn't damaged, and that you pasted it correctly and sufficiently for it to transfer heat properly, then I don't see why you can't use your CPU just how it is right now. But not that you have much choice anyways.

It won't cause any damage if you pasted it correctly in the first place, and it should last longer and better in tough conditions anyways.

I would just leave it how it is.

the lock is on the mobo... it is almost impossible to place the cpu the way it is... unless its alrdy locked..would it be possible to remove it? like distilled water or something ty for the reply

Edit* yes the locking mech still works... but could it have possible striped it (dont know exactly how the lock works, as far as i can tell it moves the cpu over the socket and sets it on top ) like i said no bent pens so could it have broke the lock without the cpu? btw i have had this comp a while oced without any probs with heating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom