These p[7800 creative speakers are ANGERING me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneDays

In Runtime
Ok so I've finally made them work in surround but now when listening to music all the sound will cut out eveyr now and then and just come out the middole speakers. HOW CAN I FIX THIS

Re:

Hello,

What sound card do you have? Also, does this happen when you play music in any media player, or is there a specific media player?

It's more likely to be your soundcard, or software/drivers causing the problem...not your speakers.

And by middle speakers, do you just mean the centre speaker? Just the front left and right speakers? Or the front left, right and centre speakers?

the center speaker. I have an audigy zs forget the model and suff it cost like 65 at neweeg a week ago. Its only in winamp too it SEEMS

Re:

Hello,

If you haven't done so, go into the EAX Console > Speaker Settings and do a Speaker Test.

If the output to the speakers are correct, then it's not your soundcard or speakers.

Go into Winamp, Preferences, then click Output under Plug-ins, double click DirectSound Output in the Output plug-ins box and make sure Allow hardware acceleration is checked. Also, try changing the device from Primary Sound Driver to SB Audigy Audio 2...then check to ensure that the Device info box shows Speaker setup: 5.1

Report back.

Firstly shouldnt it say 7.1 because my speakers and card allow that. Secondly where can i find the last thing you told me to do.Hardware acceleration was already set but I changed it to sb audigy

Anyways where can i find device ifno and should it say 7.1?

Also if I want best sound with my sub which way should I point it>> I have the speakers on the side turned my way but should I turn the front of it my way thats the part where the bass bumps out of

have you tried everything Alvin.C mentioned? because "Speaker Test" idea is a great one. I have the same card and I have only ever had one problem with it...

the first time I put it in the computer and installed its drivers.... everything was normal.... but when I did the speaker test (inside creative's software) every time it would get to the center speaker, there would be no sound.... but it would work fine when doing anything else... so my guess is, there is some kind of driver-install error that took place... (but opposite of my problem) try re-installing the drivers

Seria said:
try re-installing the drivers

^_^

or try plugging in new speakers to see if the distortions are still there.

(could try getting a better media player than Winamp [i dislike winamp personally])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom