eMachines problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
you must check to see if your mobo is the RS480M or the RS480M2
and install the correct driver. Its got to be one of those. Your chipset is the ATI SB400

That is the chipset drivers! That's the only ones, find the model number on the board if its the same then install the drivers

It doesn't work though..I downloaded that, but it doesn't do anything. Just runs an extract thing and that's it.

go into device manager do you see any yellow question marks beside devices??? do you see the usb host controller?

If it has the wrong drivers already installed then click the usb controller and click search for new driver now that you installed the INF file it should install the newer drivers (you may need to pick from a list)

Yes, I see a yellow quesiton mark next to "Universal Serial Bus Controller" and "Multimedia Device". Windows can't find the USB drivers, and the audio drivers do work.. but it's something about that USB that I feel isn't right.

I mean, the computer works fine an all..but if I could fix that I'd be happy.

FlashDude said:

If it has the wrong drivers already installed then click the usb controller and click search for new driver now that you installed the INF file it should install the newer drivers (you may need to pick from a list)

If that doesn't work uninstall the usb controller then click on search for new hardware and see it it picks it up then install's the new driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom