building

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
mourning folks

i have been trying to get the parts together to build pc, well i
have been working on it for over a month now, and have picked out three parts, i dont know if i am to old for this stuff or just to
dadburn dumb.

well anyway i am new at this computer stuff.
i am going to run this by you all, and hope that someone will see if these things will work with each other:

processer: Intel Pentium 4, 3.4Ghz, 800MHz FSB, socket 478

Motherboard: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

XS-Alien, Aluminum Windowed ATX Tower Case with 500w PSU

Newegg does not have this case, would someone suggest a case
that would be better, and i need a suggestion on what memory would go good with this.

thanks much
Harley88

na not 1 gig. Bacisally, no program out there now needs a gig of memory for it to run. Program/game that is. I think 512 would be good. But i mean hey if ur gonna be running multiple programs or games at once then i would go with the gig. But as for the case, the Thermaltake Xaser III is really nice. Go to thermaltake.com for specs of it. Newegg has it too.

thanks

hello

want to thank Elbatrop 1,Himura Kenshin, and Monster00 for the input.

now i am looking for cd-rom, cd-rw, floppy drive and hard drive
any ideas to the best brand to get?

thanks again
harley88

well u can get any cd drive, cdrw, and floppy drive. There all the same just get the right speed Cd and cdrw drive u want. U can actully get them both in 1 drive if u want. I would get a western digital HD.

if you're gonna get a high end system like yours, you might as well get 2 74Gb 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptor S-ATA Drives

I'm guessing you'll use this for gaming a bit, so if it's in your budget, pick up a radeon 9800 xt graphics card

as for optical drives (cd-rw) LG and Plextor are good, but any brand will do

1 gig is good trust me on this one. 512mb. is for the daily idiot. when your buying ram be sure to check the mhz. on it and to check what pc it is. that's what mostly counts. try 512 first later when ur info. piles up goin to 1 gig. isn't that hard.:)

i still dont believe that u need a 1 gig of ram for playing 1 game... The most a average user will need is 512. Like i said before, No game needs 512 MB of ram to run. Like i said before, unless ur going to be playing 5 games at once then get a gig. my friend is an idiot. He just got 3 gigs of ram becuase he lieks to compete with my other friend becuase he has to have the best. He plays minimum 1 game at once. Its overkill. I have 768MB of ram and i run 2 games at once. It works great. But what ever floats ur boat...

buildingn pc

hello fellows

sure hate to keep bothering you all.

i am having trouble finding a hard drive (10,000 rpm western digital, see i just want a 80gb and i just want one hard drive.
is a 7200rpm a good kind to get?

i have picked out: Maxtor 80 GB 7200rpm IDE (oem drive only), will this work?

cd-rw=Plextor 52 x 24 x 52 CD-RW ( OEM)

Memory=Kingston 2x512-pc3200 184 Pin DDR

having trouble with the cd-rom to

newegg has got two that i looked at:ASUS 16 x DVD-ROM drive
read speed 48 x cd-rom, 16 x DVD rom.
ASUS 52 x CD-ROM drive
which to get?

thanks much
harley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back