Please check my list

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxofoner

Baseband Member
I'm getting ready to buy a new computer with a $1000 budget, and I've worked for a few weeks on this list. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions, comments, crits. I play games, not super high end games though. (Civ 4, Pirates, KoTOR[soon i hope]) One of my main uses is Blender3d (http://www.blender.org) which is one reason I'm going 2X on the CPU.

CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives)
ASUS Combo Drive Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model CB-5216AG - OEM

ATX Computer Cases
XION XION II XON-101 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Retail

Internal Hard Drives
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3Gb/s ST3160812AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

AMD-compatible Motherboards
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Video Cards
eVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Power Supplies
ePOWER EP-500XP ATX12V/ EPS12V 500W Power Supply - OEM

CPU Thermal Paste / Grease
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

Memory - System
Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model KVR400AK2/2GR - Retail

Processors
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

Subtotal: $1,011.93
Shipping: $42.36
Total: $1,054.29

That'$ fine with me. I changed the XION II to the 103 which has blue lights and is CHEAPER! ;)

I'm planning on a different PSU than that ePower thing, any sugg?

hmm, your getting a sli mobo, but only one card, are you thinking of upgrading to sli?, are you going to OC?, new conroes come out soon, might be worthwhile waiting a month?

psu wise make sure its at least 450w, aim for 500, get an antec one, probly ya best be

i'd recommend the enermax liberty 500w it has modular cable support which is a plus and has PFC. You can get it for $100 at online retailiers. And you could get yourself a non SLI board to save on the motherboard since you running a single card setup. I like the dfi lanparty, but other than that it looks good for $1000

i'd check out cyberpowerpc.com, they're usually almost cheaper than building ur own, depends on the system tho.......

good mother board the ASUS one. and i fyou like quiet pc's def get a seasonic psu. they are using high end japanese caps in their psu's now, they are the same quality and mayb higher than pc&p. you'll be amazed by how quiet it is

I changed to an Antec power supply and that motherboard, $990 total, I'm cool with that. Think I should order?

-About OCing, I know nothing. I probably won't overclock, just because that Dual Core 3800 is more than I need anyway. And I figure that if the 7600 card ever becomes too little for me, I can upgrade and sell that. I would wait for a new core and all that, but I don't have that kind of money. I mean, bleeding-edge is ALWAYS a couple hundred bucks extra.

So, any last comments before I press the big red [order] button? ;)

EDIT: Forgot to say this: I went to that cyberpowerpc.com thing. I took one of the specials ($7xx) and upgraded it to what I'm getting-- $1100+. So screw them. I want to build it anyway.

if you get that asus board, it says it only does sata 150. so you could save some money by downgrading your hard drive from sata2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom