Overclocking - Voltage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TermyBGL

Baseband Member
Hello all,

Sorry to start up yet another OC question but couldnt find an answer I needed anywhere online.

I have a (see sig, although gotten my CPU up to 2.57 Ghz now from stock voltage) I ran Prime95 for a few hours and came back with 1 error on 16k. Text file included suggested increasing my voltage slightly.

I have also noticed a few random crashes every so often from games and now and again the blue screen of death after a crash .. also the blue memory dump screen seem to appear just before my login screen that flickers in the background, sometimes color scrambled you cant make it out, but no effects once logged in. I am thinking its time to bump up my volt a bit?

So I went to my bios (lastest version, flashed) and looked at the voltage options... now.. please tell me..

Whats the difference/ which should I increase and by how much of these .. Also any adjustments in settings would be great to know about.

(Copied from bios screen)

CPU VID Startup Value : Startup

CPU VID CONTROL : AUTO

CPU VID SPECIAL CONTROL : AUTO

CPU CORE VOLT 1.33
LDT BUS - 120
CHIPSET- 152
DRAM- 2.66

CPU @ 2578 (2.4 stock) Mhz Idle 30 Load 38

Incase it matters my OC settings are

FSB 215
Multiplier x12
LDT x4
RAM 1:1 @ 215

Any info about this would be great and if you could keep it fairly simple as this my first overclocking system :D

Hope someone can simplifiy this a bit. Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom