Rumor control: Battlefield 2 is more demanding than CS:S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my nvidia card seems to love cs, my frames are always extremely high, unless at an hdr level, then its lets say maybe 50-80, other than that, it hardly ever drops below 80-100.. i've never checked my fps in bf2 yet, i always forget to turn fraps on, but i got it cranked all the way up, and it skips everyone once in a while, but that may be due to ping.... but it only ever happens in the beginning of a match, loading textures i guess? maybe thats when a 512 card comes in handy?

Maybe nvidia cards just don't like cs:s? [/B]

BF2 has been developed for nVidia and CSS for ATI so i would either say BF2 like nVidia cards and CSS ATI cards. i have an x800 and css runs better than bf2 for me.

Well CSS does have HDR on it's maps, not all of them though. Valve is going to release an update that gives more maps HDR support. So maybe the HDR drops the fps lower then BF2.

CS Source is more Graphically intensive and BF2 is more Memory intensive. Thats how i see it. The reason combat is more laggier in CS than in BF2 is because of all the Graphics and reflections and Advanced lighting techniques such as HDR etc that u dont find in BF2.

BF2 requires a lot more memory to store Vehicles and maps etc.

well, Nos's recant of his average fps gave me a scare until i looked at his 3dmark score. He obviously has a card better than a 7800gt. What is your card, exactly?

My fps in BF:2 is usually 80 but does occasionally drop down to 50 fps or a bit lower. CS:S on the other hand, is usually at 80 as well but drops down to 30-50 fps regularly and every single time a fire fight occurs. It doesn't make sense that CS:S works well on older computers when it's graphics intensive. Maybe it works well on older computers with good graphics cards?

NosBoost300 said:
my nvidia card seems to love cs, my frames are always extremely high, unless at an hdr level, then its lets say maybe 50-80, other than that, it hardly ever drops below 80-100.. i've never checked my fps in bf2 yet, i always forget to turn fraps on, but i got it cranked all the way up, and it skips everyone once in a while, but that may be due to ping.... but it only ever happens in the beginning of a match, loading textures i guess? maybe thats when a 512 card comes in handy?

You don't need fraps to check framerates in BF2.

Type "renderer.drawfps 1" in the console. It will be displayed in the top left corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom