Help me please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuse

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place... but I have a problem with my new PC and I'm trying to figure out if it is the video card or the monitor or maybe neither that are causing the problem.

I just built a new PC for the first time - AMD X2 4800+, 2GB RAM, 2x 160GB SATA Seagate HDs, X-Fi sound card, liteon optical drive, MSI K8N Diamond Plus motherboard, and evga 7900GTX 512MB RAM video card. I also got a ViewSonic VX2025wm monitor for it.

So I think everything is setup correctly, and I boot the computer for the first time. Everything is great, the lights go on, the fans are spinning (all of them), etc. But the monitor just says "no signal" and then goes black.

I try connecting it with DVI, D-SUB, both, everything. Not working. I call viewsonic support and they tell me that the monitor says no signal because no OS is isntalled and that I need to install the OS before I can use the monitor. So my question is... HOW can I do that? (I am on a laptop right now and don't happen to have an extra monitor laying around - like a CTR - to isntall the OS).

Could this maybe be a problem with my video card not working properly and not sending the signal? Or do you think it is more likely the monitor? And either way... what do you think I should do to try and solve this annoying/nasty problem.

Any help/advice is MUCH appreciated! Thank you. :)

NOt haveing an OS installed is irrelevant, the monitor should still display bios/POST.

Have you got all the correct power connectors in? the will be extra power connectors for you graphics card and more than one connector going to you mobo.

Double check that everything is seated correctly and that there are no shorts on the chassis.

try resetting the CMOS.

you may also want to try reseating the vid card. Make sure it is fimly in place. Does that MBD have a vid chipset as well? May want to boot without the vid card, make sure to disable onboard vid (should do that anyhow, but just incase), reseat the vid card FIRMLY and start again. Also, those people at viewsonic sound like complete morons, or at least that one particular person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom