upgrade Time soon, input please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
Hey all, with summer around the corner im hoping to grab a job and get some money to upgrade my gaming rig, my current rig is decent and can run Source and Age of Empires 3, Dawn of war and guild wars, but i want something more, i wan to get ready for Battle feild 2142 ect.

Current rig:
Pentium 4 3.0 ghz
Asus P5PLD-2 Mobo (Duel Core Support)
1 GB DDR2 (2x 512mb) OCZ 533mhz Ram
MSI NX6600GT

Now this i what im looking to do in this Order-
New graphics Card (most of my money)
upgrade to 2 gig Ram
And then my dad will help me out with a Duel Core 3.4ghz CPU

So my idea for cards... What better getting the Geforce 7900GTX or the ATI X1900XTX??? Whats the up sides and down sides to the performance on both cards.

Also i figured i would go duel core since games are gonna start supporting them more and more and 3.4ghz should be enough for 99.9% of games with 2 gigs of ram and one of these cards backing it up dont you think??

Thanks for some input.

ahh, screw the waiting, people pay games now!! and if he can save for a new card later on too, he may as well!!! cuz if anything.. like me my 6800 gs just wasnt pushing the numbers you want... i say you buy it! live now! not later!! you never know, he might blow that money later one while saving for a g80 or something.. and you never know, the g80 may be pushed back along with vista.. and whats the point of buying the g80 early anyway??? there's no dx10 to play with yet... and there won't be until the beginning of next year!!! and by then, there will be an 8900 version or whatever.. superclocked and cheaper.. so i say you get your 7900 now

I say wait until BF 2142 is released and then buy a current graphics card at that time. No point in upgrading your 6600 now if it's performing fine for what you need.

NosBoost300 said:
ahh, screw the waiting, people pay games now!! and if he can save for a new card later on too, he may as well!!! cuz if anything.. like me my 6800 gs just wasnt pushing the numbers you want... i say you buy it! live now! not later!! you never know, he might blow that money later one while saving for a g80 or something.. and you never know, the g80 may be pushed back along with vista.. and whats the point of buying the g80 early anyway??? there's no dx10 to play with yet... and there won't be until the beginning of next year!!! and by then, there will be an 8900 version or whatever.. superclocked and cheaper.. so i say you get your 7900 now
the only way i could disaree was if the new technology was a day away. but hes got a point theirs always new technology "around the coner" if we always waited we would never buy anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom