monitor had gone haywire - now my comp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

omario4

Beta member
well i had screwed up some settings in bios. set shared memory to 0. think it screwed up my video adapter and wouldnt allow me to do anything but view striped colors on my computer and other patterns.... i took out the bios battery hoping it would reset the settings but that didn't help. i unplugged my computer before doing that. i then tried setting my jumper to the 2-3 position for a few sec then back into 1-2 to see if that would help. well no more weird colours displayed but now when i boot up my computer nothing happens. the monitor is just blank. i can't do anything as well....

no, i told you. it just sits tehre. but when i turn my computer on with the jumper in the 2-3 clear position it will take me to a screen that has the options of (F1 setup) F2 default values and continue. F1 setup takes me to bios and everything value seems right and i exit. but when it boots up windows it boots it up with screwed up graphics and a disabled mouse. if i use option F2 then it supposedly sets it to defalt values and takes me to windows like F1 did. but why cant i use my computer with jumper in 1-2 anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom