Integrated to Video Card... Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I bought a Dell E1705 LAPTOP a few months back. I bought it with the GMA 945, which I kindo f regret. But I can still play Doom 3, haha. Anyway, is there a way I can upgrade this integrated graphics to a video card... something like nVidia or ATI? I searched the site on this, but everyone kept talking about how they could upgrade from a nVidia to a better/newer nVidia for the Dell E1705.Anyway, is there a way I can upgrade this integrated graphics to a video card... something like nVidia or ATI?

Thanks

well... motherboard probably have slots for video card there?.. I dont know f its AGP or PCI-e.. so you need get some video card...

oh nvm that... that Dell is Laptop?

i'm assuming that since integrated graphics are on the mobo, it won't have a slot for a video card.... especially on a laptop. Does anyone know for sure??

I didnt know it was laptop... well you probobly will not able to do much with laptop...

there are two laptops with upgradable video cards, and you have to send them in. i think they are voodoos and alienwares or something

so the answer is no, there is no way.

thats not true, I can upgrade the video card in my inspiron 9100 to the one that was in the xps.

had a roommate that tried to upgrade his integrated gpu.... involved sodering... i believe there was a fire involved at one point.... the thing ended up working, sometimes... overall, even if you knew what you were doing... not worth it imo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom