Geforce 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's true, my dad has a Geforce 4 intergrated with and Athlon XP

Doesn't play some games to bad

I don't plan to sell it either (maybe)

haha if its not AGP you wont get any money out of it. I was wondering myself what i could do to my old Geforce3 TI500. Its an OC speacial or w/e from PNY so ima mount a CPU HSF to it.
there are no onboard GF4 GPU's. they're either AGP or PCI
Actualy there is. The FIC AU31 that came in the old Emachines i had had an 8x AGP slot and an integrated MX440. I played BF2 w/ that machine on the 440 integrated. (looked like **** but meh). As for your card, umm idk what you could do. Honestly though i saw your name and read "Geforce4" and started laughing.

y? because i play COD2 and mentioned Geforce4?

I would NEVER play COD2 on that thing, the minimum i would probably ever use is a 5500

You guys do know that you can "speed up" COD2 by setting the rendering method to DX7, instead of DX9, right? On low end cards, it literally doubles framerates. I had a vanilla 6600 before the card in my sig, and it ran COD2 in DX7 mode at 50FPS+, in DX9 mode, it would never go above 25FPS.

my friend has a geforce 4 mx integrated into his mobo (its a mesh computer) and he can run COD2 fine at 1024*768, all be it with the graphics options low down on direct x 7 mode, but its still perfectly playable and doesnt look too bad.

But i do agree the game looks fantastic with all the options on.

Yea, you can use the newer integrated graphics chips like the MX440s and all but on low graphics. Id rather have a nice shiny new card sitting in the slot instead.

that's interesting. I knew Nvidia sometimes made GPU's to go onboard some motherboards, but I didn't think the GF4 would be one. it was their top line of cards for a while.

in that case, you'd be better off with a new motherboard that supports AGP or PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom