SLI/Crossifre, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
Edit: nevermind... being the idiot i am didnt even notice the sticky... >_<

NOTE: this is just pure discussion/speculation/ranting and such... I'm bored and trying to put off studying for finals >_<

okok, ever since SLI was first intoduced i was instantly apprehensive of it.... why? anyone remember about 10years ago or something when everyone wanted duel Voodoo2's... and within a year, perhaps longer, the larger producers came out with a single card solution that exceeded the duel card one. Well, because i am a cheap ******* i've been waiting for that single card solution...
although i guess you can say i am a nvidia guy (used to be a ATI guy till i bought my 6800gt back when they were 400USD) i was almost sure that ATI was going to try and give nvidia a swift kick to the arse and release a single card solution so that they could get ahead in the market (you know, why buy two cards when you can buy one that outperforms blah blah blah)
then i heard about crossfire... i was like, the ****... maybe i'm wrong... still, i'm cheap and sure as **** dont have the money to go out and get top of the line SLI/Crossfire... so i guess i'll continue waiting to see how this unfolds... and yea i know, a lot of people say that thre is little need for top of the line and such... but i guess you can say i'm the kind of guy that likes the bragging rights... if i'm going to invest in a new rig i wanna do it right the first time, and be able to brag about it...

i get the impression that the majority of the world seems to accept SLI/Crossfire as the final deal for high-end systems, least for the time being. I have yet to hear a single person ask whether single card solutions will make a heroic return. Then again, i dont visit here or other forums anywhere near as often as i should...
rofl, half the time i come on here and read something and think, "the **** that heppen, wow..."

i guess the is the point where i say, "Discuss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom