Memory Problem Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VexBlade

Beta member
Hi Guys,

I have had this problem for quiet some time now and cant solve it. If anyone here can help me I would really apreciate it. Here is the Problem.

System Memory Controller
Error Correction Capability : None
Number of Memory Slots : 3
Maximum Installable Memory : 768MB
Bank0/1 - A0 : Empty
Bank2/3 - A1 : Empty
Bank4/5 - ÃËh : DIMM 512MB/64 @ 400Mt/s

As you can see Bank0/1- A0 is fine and so is Bank2/3 - A1
But Bank4/5 - ÃËh is not ok. Whats up with the funky text first off, how can that be fixed and second of all, if i put ram in that bank my system reboots. It does this with all banks full or with just that bank full. If any more info on my system is needed please let me know thanks in advance.

diagnosis... Broken.

You could try clearing your CMOS and or flashing the BIOS but it looks like the bank is just wack.

Tried Clearing CMOS and Flashing Bios did'nt work. I'd say the Bank is wack but I'm hoping someone can help me unwack it.
Any Mem Bank psychologists out there ? hehe.

Have you tryed moving the ram to a different slot? It looks like to me that you have to big of a ram module installed The 768 is the max over the three slots by the look of it, but I may be wrong. What board is it? most of the time the max is equal to all three so 3 sticks of 256mb would be your max.

Hehe Thats another wack thing its showing, My max is 3 gigs and yes I have moved the ram around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom