Need some suggestions on a new vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agency

Baseband Member
I am currently using a GeForce 6600. To me, this card is a peice of ****. I am not getting the FPS i am looking for on Counter Strike Source. Can anyone suggest a new vid card for me. I just dont have the time to look. End of school and all.... just no time for me.

well.. like me i love the fps.. get a 7900 gt, that'll be a huge jump for you. Max settings 1280x1024 6xaa 16xaf, i usually get around 180 average fps. So.. i'm sure that'll definitely satisfy you if your willing to pitch out 300 dollars

300 bucks i cant afford right now unfortunately. I currently do not have a job and im runnin low on the dough :)

alright, thanks guys. ima take a look and probably end up buying it ;)

EDIT:

Ok, quick question that i honestly do not know the answer but i probably should.

Can you SLI to different vid cards together?

Could i SLI my current 6600 to this 7600 GT you guys are talking about? (if the 7600 GT supports SLI that is)

2nd EDIT:

Could some1 link me to a decent 7600 GT with SLI (if i can SLI to my current vid card, otherwise no SLI needed). There are several different ones, but i dont know which to concentrate my attention on.

2 different cards cannot be SLI'd together. You can if you were using ATI cards, but not with the nVidia cards. Sorry.

Thats what i kinda figured. I thought i read/heard that somewhere but wasnt to sure.

Thanks.

Still need a link. Like i said... I went to newegg and found the 7600gt's, but there are several of them and i have no idea what to get. I'll look more today, but if anyone can hit me with a link to some decent ones that cost 100 - 175, i would much appreciate it.

Thanks.
Agency

EDIT:

These are the ones i get when i narrow the searches:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...02&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1402&SubCategory=48

Which one would you guys go with, or is there another one not on that page (maybe on previous pages) that you guys recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom