Skype gives free landbased and mobile based phone calls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
You no longer have to pay. In the past before the stock market crash ("The technology crash of 2000 that is") there were free internet phones that would contact regular phones for free they all disapeared but Skype is the first to offer this service again.

I just called my home but it leaves me to wonder the potential for prank calls since there is no real number to identify the skype user with...

Yes I am considering cancelling my phone service.

don't cancel yet...It's only guranteed free until the end of the year and there has been a HUGE on-going problem with being able to make free calls if your IP address starts with 7...Also, i happen to believe that my phone service is A LOT more reliable than my internet and Skype has no built-in 911 functions...there are SOOOO many reasons this might be a bad idea to do full time/might fail.

At least wait until Skype has all their customers covered.

I am not certain, but I beleive that ANY phone line will call 911 as long as it s connected. I am fairly sure cell phones do this, as long as the network can communicate, it will dial.

hmm...well, a update: i'm in the 7x.xxx.xxx.xxx IP range and when i woke up this morning, free SkypeOut was working for me

i just tried it out, and the person on the other end heard me crystal-clear. Its also nice to be able to hear out of two speakers/headphones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom