cooling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

atpat22

Baseband Member
this might sound stupidbut to cool your computer could you use something like a beer fridge or someghing or would that rek it

I always wanted to get my mini fridge fan into my case as it would cool it really well. would like to see what people say about this. sorry i cant help

i believe a mini fride uses a peltier, i may be mistaken, but put one of them on your cpu (which i think you can get) and it will put it right down to freezing, bit risky tho, but it ould have the esentials of a minifridge

wow so its possible! i dont even use my mini fridge so i could try and do sumthin with. might b quite loud tho. would like to know if anyone has done this or a link to sum1 that has.

hold up, what i was saying was that i think a mini fride uses a peltier, and i think you can buy them the same size as the cpu, i dont think putting the pc in a mini fridge would be that effective, buuut, you could take the mini fride apart and put (if it is a peltier) in the pc, if its just a fan then i wouldnt bother cos out could just use a regualr case fan, which would be more effective, but its the insulation which keeps the fride soo cool, so pehaps try and utiles that some how.

but yea im thinking of using a peltier for my pc, its risky, but would be sooooo cool!

Sheesh........just water cool the CPU and add addtional case fans and GPU fan. Might as well investigate using liquid nitrogen if you are going to be that silly.

harry18 said:
hold up, what i was saying was that i think a mini fride uses a peltier, and i think you can buy them the same size as the cpu, i dont think putting the pc in a mini fridge would be that effective,

Thats what i meant. i wouldnt take out my stuff and put them in a fridge lol. I just took apart my fridge and there is a fan at the front and back. the front one sits above a metal thing that looks kind of like a heat sink and so does the back one only bigger. I wouldnt know what to do with it all tho.

Its not a stupid idea, just inventive.

RicoDirenzo said:
Sheesh........just water cool the CPU and add addtional case fans and GPU fan. Might as well investigate using liquid nitrogen if you are going to be that silly.

why, with the possibilty of creating something thats better than WC, and cheaper.......its called being inventive, i thake pride in trying to come up with new ideas for cooling

yea i figured it would just be fans, but if ya want extreeme cooling and are feeling a little (or alot) risky, try the peltier root

so what actually makes the fridge so cold. it cools 20c below ambient temp, this cant be from just the fans. and when u said about it being the insulation on the fridge, the cold air gets in there in the first place lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom