Mini Typhoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Has anyone seen the Thermaltake Mini Typhoon? How does that compare to the Big Typhoon? Does the fact that it is all-copper make a difference? I'm looking to buy a new rig very soon, and was looking for a super-high performance CPU cooler that doesn't actually weigh a ton! I mean, can you just clip the Big Typhoon to the retention clip on a S939 board, or do you have to take backplates and the sort off?

the best think would be to get a thermal take xp120 or scythe ninja, and put a good fan on it, and if you dont mind the noise you could stick on one of those 220cfm ones

I'm thinking of getting the DFI LanParty SLi-D Mobo, and on Thermalrite's website they state that there is compatability problems with the XP120, so I think I'll stick with the Big Typhoon! Thanks for your feedback guys! :D

If you want a 120... go with the ZALMAN 7700... the CU goes for about 47.00 or so and it cools VERY nice... drops my temps about average of 10C/7C (load)

i use the zalman 9500 cnps It costs a fair bit more than the others but its **** nice and a great cooler overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom