AMD 3000+ or new p4 processor 533fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartturrell

Solid State Member
I have two motherboards, both msi. One for amd xp processors up to xp3000+ which supports 133ata, 8x agp, ddr2700.

I am currently running a P4 2.0ghz Northwood, with ddr 2700 memory, but only up to 2100 (motherboard dont support ddr2700). Also running agp4x as motherboard dont support it.

Should i go out and buy a new athlonxp 3000+ and use the new motherboard i aquired or should i go out and just go buy a new p4 processor for my current motherboard. (only supports up to 533fsb).

Help me choose, i am leaning towards one already, but want to see what other peoples suggestions are!

Stuart

BTW - my motherboard for the p4 doesnt support hyperthreading!

Are u sure about anyday lol. But yea in this case no doubt 3000+ all the way

Side note...

Merlin, 3.06ghz HT 800fsb P4... I thought 3.06ghz P4 was the last of the 533fsb cpu's?

BlackmanOne said:
Side note...

Merlin, 3.06ghz HT 800fsb P4... I thought 3.06ghz P4 was the last of the 533fsb cpu's?

Is it? I thought that 3.0 was short for 3.06:rolleyes: :p It's a 3.0ghz 800FSB then:p Thanks for correcting that;)

shouyld i go for the p4 3.06ghz then or use this other amd motherboard.

Or would it be beter to wait till the amd 64 new chis come out with the new socket?

My computer is running fine at the moment, but i always like it to be faster.

stuartturrell said:
shouyld i go for the p4 3.06ghz then or use this other amd motherboard.

Or would it be beter to wait till the amd 64 new chis come out with the new socket?

My computer is running fine at the moment, but i always like it to be faster.

Hmm, good question.......I'd say still go with the 3000+:confused:

If you wait for the new AMD64 chips your looking at basicly upgrading your entire system and that will cost a bunch:confused:

I have the amd 3000+. I'm very happy with it (as always amd rocks). It's a very fast chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom