I just built this pc :D:

Shark Case
AMD X2 4200+
1GB kingston RAM
200GB WD HD
XFX 256mb 7600GT
LANparty Nf4 mobo
Windows XP PRO

The pc runs fine but it is my first pc i have built and teh windows startup screen loads for a while.. it seems it loads longer than it should.. and if you guys can think of anythign i could have doen wrong id appreciate it...

P.S: thnx to nitestick for making this system possible
:p

EDIT> I would post some pics, but my pc is so messy with all teh wires in it. Any idea on how to keep the wires/cables neat and tidy with minimal cost?

First off how hard was it? Cuz I am planning on building one. And nice system by the way! It shouldnt be taking long with a 200 gig HDD. Defragment and all that good stuff then report back.

yeh ill give it a defrag when i get home from school, and building it was much easier than i thought. I only had one problem with the power connector on the mobo but the LANparty manual sorted that out :D... i was installing a game while playing galactic Civ 2 it was great... my old pc was a pIII 600mhz...

my windows does the same thing and i used msconfig and i now only have 19 process when the comp boots up and it still takes the same time to load..

i wonder why..hmmm

Congrats Man!

Tordenskjold said:
I just built this pc :D:

Shark Case
AMD X2 4200+
1GB kingston RAM
200GB WD HD
XFX 256mb 7600GT
LANparty Nf4 mobo
Windows XP PRO

EDIT> I would post some pics, but my pc is so messy with all teh wires in it. Any idea on how to keep the wires/cables neat and tidy with minimal cost?

Personally I would have dropped to a X2 3800+ Manchester, its cheaper and OC's better,then with money I saved I would have gotten 2GB of ram, and downgrade to XP home unless your seriously using all the admin options and such...

Also For wires dont be afraid to haraas them. I bought some black tubing and tubed up almost evreything and my wire managament is great. yeah It took me 5+ hours, but thats a sign of good wire management.

Sleeve it or buy tubes like I did...also you can just use ties, and cram evreythign evreywhere........

Wire managment is key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom