PCI-E Vid Card in the ~$120 range

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Don't care who makes it. I need a vid card now but don't have much money. I figure I'll just upgrade in about 6 months and just get something cheap for now. So far I've looked at the ati x1600po and the 7600gs. Any other suggestions?
And how would a x800 hold up because newegg has one for $72.50 after rebate.

I agree with the 7600GS. It benchmarks significantly higher than the x1600XT, let alone the Pro.

If you can swing about an extra $50 you could go with a 7600GT which is a decent amount better, but the GS is still a nice card.

Elbatrop1 said:
I agree with the 7600GS. It benchmarks significantly higher than the x1600XT, let alone the Pro.

If you can swing about an extra $50 you could go with a 7600GT which is a decent amount better, but the GS is still a nice card.

Anybody have a link to a comparo on those 3 or at least 2 of them? I'll look to but if someone can post a comparo I'd appreciate it.
I was thinking of spending a bit more and getting a 7600gt but I was wanting to save to get a DX10 card in a little. But then again I'll be able to sell the gt for more when I sell it anyways so I don't know...

GT>GS

GT has about 180mhz more core clock and gddr3 instead of gddr2 and runs at 1500mhz compared to only 800mhz.

Does anyone know about what a stock 7600gs and 7600gt score in 3dmark05?
I heard a gs will score around 4500 and futuremark lists anything from 5300 to 6700 for the gt but they don't say which is stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom