Where to get Win3.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

In Runtime
I have this old 386 laptop, and I want to put Windows 3.1 on it, but I know they don't sell/make it anymore. I was wondering if there was a place to download it (for free or for pay). I've given Google a few good runs with all the keywords I could think of, and didn't find anything.

And I'm not getting rid of the laptop, it still works perfectly fine for its age (over a decade old), and I have some of my favorite old DOS games on it... I just want to get Win3.1 on it...

At the last job I had in MD my software lead had Windows 1.0 and Windows 2.0 boxes (opened but with software) on his desk.....LOL!

-Mike

I had WFW 3.11 on a CD (which I unfortunately can't seem to find around the house anymore), back in the day when the coolest thing to get was a 2x CD-ROM drive. You can still find it on floppies on ebay (or on an actual, preserved CD if you're lucky enough).

Personally I was pretty pissed when my dad decided to put in Windows 95 into the machine (during the time when I was trying to learn the basic functions of the OS and had already gotten very adjusted to Windows 3.1.x).

GUIDE TO BUYING A BRAND NEW COPY OF WIN 3.1

build a time machine out of a delorean, hit 88 miles an hour and go back to the real 1985... you will have to wait then for a good few years until win 3.1 is released, buy it brand new.... get back in your time machine, hit 88 miles an hour and come back to the exact day you left (of course you will suddenly look older to everyone else... but just consider that a side-effect!

hope this helped ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom