Gfx card overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
I just want to now what is a good overclock for the core and mem of a gfx card. i know these will be different just like overclocks on a cpu are differnt but anyway.
My stock core is: 400mhz and mem: 250mhz (looooooool)
and i have got them up to core:460mhz and mem: 270mhz

is that good or not really? do i need to raise the voltage on it to go higher as when i do it shuts down pc or goes crazy lol.

Thanks

i wouldnt raise voltage on a GPU, 460 is good, the 7900GTs are clocked at 500Mhz, so thats really good for a x700. but keep trying to up it, if u have to up the voltage by as LITTLE as possible, and make sure u have good temps.

ok thanks. i hav heard ppl get data loss through doin sumthin in the bios with the pci-e slot, how can i prevent this? and wat about them mem clock on my card 270mhz isnt very good is it? my temps with my card oc' are 41c idle and around 51 load. Thanks

well.......no its not good....but still.......its a great core clock. not sure bout the prevention thingy, but just be careful.

If i raise it any higher than what i have i get artifacts or my pc will turn off in the middle of a game. Does this mean i have reached its limit. I thought that if it was quite cool then i would be able to get it much higher. when i raised my mem to 300mhz my pc turned straight off lol. Other thing that happens is if i oc' too much i get a vpu recover message come up saying the drivers have failed to respond or sumthin :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom