Some LCD questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think I will go with that Viewsonic. One of the reviewers said something about it being very bright which affects the life of the monitor to something like 2 years? Is that true? And do LCD's typically die sooner then a CRT?

well it depends on the quality. You can totally dim down the brightness of the monitor, so don't worry about that.

But...

with CRT's, you can really squeek out a few years over its life, just the image quality goes down. With LCD's, there are so many more things that can go wrong. This LCD looks VERY nice, and i don't think anything bad will happen to it really. If it does, viewsonic has great service.

But theoretically, a simple fact like the factory settings for the LCD are very bright, will not effect the life of it. Just make sure to turn it down a little, because LCD's always come really bright when you get them.

LCD's usually do have a shorter life than CRT's, but not by much. The main difference, which was touched on above, is that with CRT's, it gets fuzzy and harder to read when it dies, where as LCD's just turn off completelly

now im REALLY going to bed... its 11:30 my time.... on a tuesday, bad for school :\ (got a C+ in chemistry :()

This is probably a really stupid question, but since the resolution says a native res of 1280x1024, is that the recommended resolution to use, or does native= max resolution with LCDs? I believe I read in another post if you run below the native it will not look as nice, but what about above?

Native resolution is usually the max. resolution of the monitor and the recommended resolution of the moniter. The monitor should support lower resolutions but the number of pixels the monitor has best suits to the native resolution. So there might me more monitor pixels representing one pixel in the resolution of 800 by 600. So the words might seem stretched.
refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_resolution, wiki once again:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom