Not enough IDE connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
Here's the situation:
2 IDE cables with 2 connections on each cable.
I have:

- CD-R (G: )
- CD/DVD
- C: (HD1) 80 GB (WinXP and other knick knacks)
- D: (HD2) 17 GB (MP3's)
- E: (HD3) 40 GB (Movies [no NOT pr0n])
- F: (HD4) 60 GB (new & blank)

Now, the C: drive is the drive that came with the computer. D: and E: drives are drives that I pulled out of my last computer when I bought my new one. The F: is a new HD that I pulled out of an old computer. I want to run them ALL at the same time. As of right now I can only run 4 of those things at once. Right now I have C, D, F, and G (no CD rom). Can I work it so I can get all of them working at the same time?

I think Micro's solution makes more sense ... a controllor card would be a much more cheaper solution ..

N' even installation is hardly a hassle ....

Total Immortal said:
- CD-R (G: )
- CD/DVD
- C: (HD1) 80 GB (WinXP and other knick knacks)
- D: (HD2) 17 GB (MP3's)
- E: (HD3) 40 GB (Movies [no NOT pr0n])
- F: (HD4) 60 GB (new & blank)

Do what I did as get a motherboard with a onboard IDE RAID.

Otherse, off load your smaller hard drives to some one else, and purchase a hard drive for your data.

Like my set up at 40Gb hard drive just for OS and programs. The 120 Gb hard drive is where i store my data.
preet2u said:
I think Micro's solution makes more sense ... a controllor card would be a much more cheaper solution ..

N' even installation is hardly a hassle ....

hmmmm..... last time I playied around with an IDE card, it did eat up quite a few IRQs.

hmm i have a similar problem, i have 2 hd's - but i want to hook up 4 (yea 4) cd drives. can i use 2 usb and 2 eide at the same time, along with my 2 hd's?

yes that is possible since USB doesn't take up any space on your IDE cables. USB can be daisy chained upto 127 devices i think.

I don't know if you want to do this, but you can buy external cases, which you can put internal Hard Drives, or CD/DVD burners in, and the plug straight into USB or FIREWIRE ports,

Eibbor

zigandazag quit smoking your crackpipe man... i have read 3 of your posts in a row and you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. you don't even bother reading any of the replies. maybe you should get a book....and actually read the text not just look at the pictures :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom