Motherboard/Pentium Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...socket 478 limited to a 533FSB. Thats your Compac mobo.

ASUS P5ND2-SLI: This motherboard will require a new CPU. You can get a Dual Core Smithfield Pentium d, 800FSB for:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116213 $189 + Shipping etic. Very nice CPU. And you will need to buy another Video card: PCI express. Figure spending another $200-325 for that depending upon the newness of the card 6800, 7800, 0r 7900 Nvidia or 1800x ATI.

ah thats sweet!
btw is my RAM i have at the moment compattable with the new mobo i dont think it is!
i just need it confirmed
thx

I presume so. It's probably PC 2100. I would go ahead and buy some nice memory. Dual channel kits like Corsair etc. 1gig x 2 of XMS or the like will be great! Addtionally, The Power supply in that old compac will not cut it. So new PSU...I personaly lke Antec modualar units but there are alot of them that are great. And will you are at it.... a new Case....sooooooooooooooooooo.......forget the compac and build a whole brand new system. It's expensive but you won't regret it!!!

im trying to keep to a budget of £500 since i am in the UK and newegg.com is useless to me this is what i have so far

Case= Aspire X Cruiser £56
Motherboard=Asus P5ND2-SLI £62
Power Supply= cheap 550W £24
Intel Pentium 4D Duel Core £168
310 TOTAL

but i cannot decide on a graphics card there are sao many i really want to get one under £200 being the limit £150-200 basically want to play all the recent games like Far Cry FEAR etc.. on max settings with no problems
and a silent one aswell so it dosnt go mental when its heating up
any suggestions
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom