An recommendations on this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filth

Solid State Member
ok so im building a new system. Will be used for gaming. And price doesnt really matter but the most i would like to spend is 2000$

Cpu
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ / 2MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Dual-Core / Processor with Fan

Motherboard
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

graphics card
7900 gt but which one? eVGA , bfg, xtx etc.

ram
Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 2048MB

harddrive
300gb Seagate hdd

soundcard
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic PCI Sound Card

case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811119085

psu
Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power

oh and one question if i already have a microsoft professional cd can i install it on more then one computer?

K jsut found out that the xfi soundcard has problems with the nforce chipset so any suggestions for a sound card also appreciated

For starters get a 7900gt, better performance and cheaper. If you're looking to SLi later then i'd get a DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-D motherboard. For psu anything in the Antec TruePower series is pretty good, i reccomend 500-550W. Everything else looks pretty good to me.

Curry Viking said:
If you're looking to SLi later then i'd get a DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-D motherboard.

I would just like to point out, as a lot of people here say this but with SLi you cant just add a second card later because they have to be EXACTLY the same as each other. Buying a card later to be added is extremely likely to be slightly different to the current card therefore causing problems and not working. So bear that in mind. IMO crossfire is better as you can add a second card when ever you like and doesnt have to be the same card.

Not sure about that, I'm sure the 2 cards only have to be the same architecture, like 2 7900GTs, and running at the same clockspeeds. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Unlike crossfire, where you can put and x1900xt and x1600 together, even though they would both run at the lower speeds.

magouster said:
Unlike crossfire, where you can put and x1900xt and x1600 together, even though they would both run at the lower speeds.

That is correct.

But trust me when i say that the cards have to be the same, i read it in a magazine where they said that you a likely to get different models if you buy them at different times and that they wont be compatible with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom