DirectX Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpatters69

Baseband Member
Hello folks,

I am using Windows XP home on my computer at home. I just reinstalled a clean version of Windows XP home. I ran Dxdiag so I could run the test under the "display !" tab called "Test Direct3D" and I found what might be a problem. The test does bring up the spinning cube but the cube is spinning so fast you can barely make out that it is a cube and you cannot read the "DirectX" writing on the cube at all.

Normally I would not care but I am having graphic problems with a program that uses DirectX. When I first installed the OS, I could run the test and see the cube spinning and I did not have problems with the application. I have submitted a help request to Microsoft but I wanted some feedback from the forum as well.

What would you suggest? Should I un-install DirectX and reinstall? I am pretty sure I am running the latest and greatest version of DirectX. As I said, I am running from a 2 week old, clean OS install.

Thanks

Tried that before. Don't forget this is a fresh installation - meaning the OS is newly installed along with all the drivers. My notebook is a Dell (Sux) and Dell keeps all of the drivers vs. ATI. The latest driver released was 2003.

You think I should remove the drivers and reinstall?

Yeah. I figured. I am caught in the proverbial catch-22. ATI tells me to go to Dell and Dell me to go to ****.... ;-)

Supposdely, Dell keeps the most up-to-date drivers..... SIGH.

Dude, I aint glad I got a Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom