My planned rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
I'm planning on buildin this rig in about 2 weeks time, just wanted to hear your thoughts. I know there is no RAM included, but thats because I already have a matched pair 1GB PC3200 memory from my previous PC.

MSI K8N Neo4-F nForce4 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
£57.95

Thermaltake Big Typhoon 4 in 1 Heatpipe CPU Cooler
£24.95

OcUK GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
£259.95

Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Case - 450W Smart Power PSU
£61.95

Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 2500KS SATA-II 16MB Cache
£51.95

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)
£5.95

AMD Opteron UP 165 Dual Core 1.8GHz 2MB Cache (Socket 939) - Retail
£204.95

Subtotal £673.60
Shipping (City Link Parcel Next Day (Delivered Mon-Fri)) £9.95
VAT £119.63

Total £803.18

Its not the cheapest I can buy the parts for, but this way its all from one online retailer, so I don't need to pay for shipping twice!

*edit* I should also point out that I have a very strict budget, and that I can NOT go over 800 pounds! What should I change? Will the PSU be enogh to run what I have?

everything looks pretty good, but you're gonna be kicking yourself in the *** for buying that card pretty soon. wait for dx10 gfx cards get a 6600 or something to save a few pounds and save it for the future.

i find overclockers to be pricy, try digitalkind, there 165 is 200£, the got 7900gtx for under 300, including VAT......CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

actully its 311, but i stand by my claim, try pricing your stuff on ther, and what about an OS?

Can I recommend the Antec P180B case and purchasing your own PSU. Don't want to go skimpy on the PSU.

yea agreed, get a 500w at least, i thnk the hiper ones are only like 50, then get a cheaper case, but the smart power psu are good im using the 500w version, aloth the fan dosnt spin, still works

well alright those prices are pretty good, you proble couldnt make that much of a saving, but i would get a better psu

I live in the UK and the best 3 sites you should buy from are overclockers.co.uk ebuyer.com and scan.co.uk

Ebuyer being the cheapest i would think.

I agree, I think saving 20 on a optie 165 from a site I don't know isn't worth my hassle, since I'd end up paying 10 pound shipping to them as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom