3200+ Only gets to 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVdia

In Runtime
Hey I just started to overclock my 3200+ and it only wants to go to 2.3ghz my memory is at 462. Temps 30-35 degrees. Vcore 4.25. Core 1.5. Memory 2.6. any suggestions?

I'm surprised the valueRAM has survived that far...I've fried kingston valueRAM with less than what he's supposedly doing.

RAM needs to be at atleast 2.8v considering the speeds you're running at, however, since you've got valueRAM I wouldn't suggest trying to push that and put the divider on like everyone is saying.

Also, it seems like you need to read quite a bit more on OC'ing. From what I can tell it seems like you basically came to the conclusion "Oh, raise the FSB, add more voltage and go" when theres quite a bit more than that.

Ram divider should be one of the first things you should know. It's important to know every part that will be affected by changing a setting in the BIOS.

Not trying to come off rude, but it's better to tell you now than wait until we see a post "Help, I think my computer fried from OCing" later on down the road.

Nubius said:
I'm surprised the valueRAM has survived that far...I've fried kingston valueRAM with less than what he's supposedly doing.

I've got my corsair valueselect running at 230MHz with 2.5-4-4-5 timmings and 1T Command Rate. I'm pumping 2.8V through that dimm. Not bad eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom