amd fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
hey guys.....btw..fixed that audio driver issue on the other post....had to reinstall Audigy drivers.
any how, 2 things...Asus A8N-sli premium board w/cool pipe....any one know of a chipset fan that will work on the cool pipe?

Next: have amd 3700+ san diego that retracts the heat into an exhaust duct. the duct is adjustable in height so it rest about 1" above my current stock heatsink. Can you recommend a decent amd cpu fan for under $35.00.
shoot while I am at it.....my VGA card.....sems to run pretty warm. its an Asus 6800 gt. I though of running one of those vga card fans.....but I am not sure about creating a negative air transfer in my case.......sry....but basically i need some input from you guys to get me in the right direction on a little better cooling/airflow under a budget...thanks so much!:cool: :cool:

Don't know of the cool pipe, but the Heat sink? I use ZALMAN. I have a 7700 on my system and 7000's on the others. those dropped my temps quite a bit, so I guess you can say I'm on the band wagon, and the good thing is, they're not all that expensive, SO guess what got the GPU... ZALMAN VF-700.. :D or Arctic Cooling's NV5 Silencer for the 6800GT model.

artic cooling

I am currently looking at the artic cooling Nv5. do you think that the Nv5 will fit on the Asus 6800 gt....I am not sure how it would fit. The 6800gt has a fan and "air-duct" that runs off it.....can both stay on it?

You would have to take off the stock fan on the GPU to put the NV5 on, but it's not that hard... and I'm nto sure about the cool pipe... I might say a small like 40mm or 50mm fan possibly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom