hi,
below is my computer specs:

Asus A7n8X
Asus V9520
512mb Kingston ram
40GB HD
AMD XP athlon 1800 / 2400+

the processor suppose be 2400+ , but in BIOS show it is 1800+
I already check the serial number and confirm it is 2400+ , so is the BIOS setting problem

IN auto setting, Multiplier is 15X ,and FSB is 100MHZ= so is 1800 +
when i change FSB to 133MHZ , it became 2400+ , but when i play game it will auto- restart

got any idea??

thanks

very common problem with them, put your bus speed to where it should be. Problem solved

crap I didn't see the other part of your post, clean you hsf it's probably full of dust.

And you should think about updating the Stock HSF, those socket A's run super hot.

And install the pc probe that's on your mobo cd and see what the temp and voltages are like. And post a screenshot.

If your multiplier is 15x then it is a 2400+, so the FSB should be at 133MHz. Maybe some other settings are messed up. Set your BIOS to default settings, then set FSB to 133.

I think his ram isn't up to taking 133, as he said it restarts.....

Try to play with the ram settings in your bios, slow them all down a bit, it maybe just can't take running at 133.

Right click on My Computer >> propertys >> Advanced tab >> Settings under start-up and recovery.

The third option under system failure should be automaticly restart, Unclick that option. Then when your system locks up it will give you and error message... Write it down then give it to us, we'll go from there.

Look for RAM divider in your BIOS. In my BIOS there's an option called HCLK-33 which lowerst the RAM frequency by 33 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom