Wait for DX10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

In Runtime
I'm building a new rig this summer, and a 7900 GT is my main candidate for a graphics card. However, it lacks DirectX10 functionality, which is a problem, as I'll probably be getting Windows Vista. (Noy immediately, mind you. Probably next summer, or around then.) Should Buying a 7900 GT and replacing it only a year later feels like a waste; what are my options?

Well if you plan on getting Vista the next summer, I would say its safe to go with the 7900GT. Not that it's cheap, but it is not an extremely high priced card so I doubt it would be a waste. Anyways, you could always sell it for some cash whenever you are ready to get the nVidia g80 (assuming you are going to stick with nVidia).

you do realize that it WILL work with windows vista, just that you wont be able to play DX10 games w/ dx10 graphics on

aaronkupen said:
Well if you plan on getting Vista the next summer, I would say its safe to go with the 7900GT. Not that it's cheap, but it is not an extremely high priced card so I doubt it would be a waste. Anyways, you could always sell it for some cash whenever you are ready to get the nVidia g80 (assuming you are going to stick with nVidia).

???????????????????????????????????????:question: :eek:

lets see.. that'll be $725 please

just wait a few months. If you really need something to "hold you over", DONT buy top of the line!! PLEASE!!

Yeh, seeing as its next summer, you should be alright, but i'm buying a 7600gt with a conroe, and waiting till the DX10 cards come out, then i'll sell my 7600 and nab a g80, it'll be well worth the wait.

You could just get a 7600 or a 6800, I have a 6800 and it plays all my games max graphics, (albeit a very good 6800), and this'll cost a **** of a lot less and then get a G80/71 or whatever the lesser one is, and then have UBER gaming with fabulous DX10! I'm waiting for the DX10 Graphics....!

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom