Friend wants cheapest pc possible that can run WOW at max. Details inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
My friend wants to make the plunge into WOW and needs a pc that will get him there. He doesn't want to spend too much money (under 600 bucks) but also doesn't want anything that great either. He just wants to be able to run WOW smoothly at max and a few other games of similar caliber. The system will be amd and will have 1 gig of ram. Everything else is up for grabs. I was thinking something like a 3500+ amd 64 processor, 6600 graphics card, 1 gig of corsair dual channel ram, cheap mobo, small hdd, a 400 watt power supply, and that's it. What do you think?

thats pretty good but instead of a 6600 can i suggest a 6800GS if he can squeez it in there and get a better power supply from a decent brand so nothing will fry on him suddenly

put the processor at something a little lower and eek out some more money for the gfx card

UNLESS hes going to be doing some mild upgrading - ie the gfx card - in the future.

If he plans to keep his system for a few years, get the better CPU, and he could theoretically upgrad later

If he is playing WOW then some of the components listed here are a little over spec'd in my opinion.

You can run WOW with everything (95%) on high with a 6600 GT 128 megs card, I know this because my 2nd machine does it.

Save the cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom