windows xp/home/pro troubles..hd or cdrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
ok last night my trial for windows finally expired(old cd i had lying around, procrastiated, finally bought windows xp pro. I deleted all the partitions on my hd, made a new partition, tried to make windows run. It gets to the point where i have to restart and it says it will continue setup. It restarts, then gets to the windows screen where has a checklist, and it's on "installing windows". thats were it freezes. the progress bar stops moving n stuff. I've tried it about 5 times, then tried my trial windows cd again. That fails now too. same thing. i took out my cd drive and cleaned the laser thingy, same thing. When im setting up windows, i choose the NTFS FILE SYSTEM (QUICK) cause its much faster. i tried the other this morning and same thing. whats wrong or what am i doing wrong?

ya that sight is uber confusing, and he wants money. no thanks. any1 else know what's wrong?

trust me, download it put a floppy in the drive, execute the file, it will write to the floppy, reboot, make sure it boots from the floppy, use the fdisk command to delete the partition and then fdisk to format then try installing xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom