XP Upgrade VS. XP with SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
I'm gettin a new XP disc (since windows says i may be a victim of conterfieting ;)). Well i have XP Pro right now but i dont want to dish out $200 for it on Newegg so i've decided to go with Home. Well theres a $100 difference between XP Home Upgrade VS. XP Home with SP2. Now i have XP Pro, so will the Upgrade version work since already have XP. At start-up right now it asks me to get a genuine version of windows so do you think if i get the upgrade version it'll work?

The upgrade will only work to get you from a previous vresion. You will need to get the full version. The difference is that one is an upgrade, while the other is the full OS. Big difference... Not really, but as far as licensing goes it is.

Good luck

Ok.... why couldnt i get support from MS? Can i still receive all the critical updates and everything? Right now MS wont let me get the critical updates cuz i'm a victim of counterfieting ;)

OEM just means that they expect the OEM proider to supply the support for the OS. not the updates. That is MS. It's just if you have to call someon for help, you can't call MS, unless you want to pay. If you are comfortable with the OS, then don't worry about it and just get the OEM. If you think you will need help, then get the retail as then you can call MS for help a few times.

ok sweet i'll get the OEM then since i kno XP and if i do need help..... I GOT TF! lol

thanks for the help.... savin me alot of money now i just gotta decide which crossfire mobo to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom