Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_omen

Baseband Member
I was going to wait for am2 to upgrade but im not so faithfull in that anymore. I just wanted to ask about this unknown cpu called the Conroe.

-what brand (amd, intel) i think its amd tho

-any idea when its comeing out. (like b4 am2, with am2 or after)

-whats new about it, will it have ddr2 support or have rumers of ddr3 support like the am2

-worth the wait? b/c am2 doesnt seem like it is at all for a 5% increase in performance and you give an arm and a leg.

-any idea what socket? i hope it is on 940 like am2 and hope the old 940 mb will work.

srrry if some1 had allready posted this but ive searched awhile and got sick of looking.:confused:

1. Conroe is Intel

2. I heard conroe june/july

3. Socket 775 DDR2=Conroe, am2 will only support ddr2

4. Conroe definetly worth the wait. AM2 no way.

5. AM2=940 i believe, and no the old 940 wont work.

well in the am2 thred we have here or somewhere some1 said there where rumers about am2 may be able to support ddr3. But thax for the clarification

ohh yeah i forgot to ask is it going to be a duel core

Ridlyn said:
1. Conroe is Intel

QUOTE]

yeah i know i allready said it wasnt thats why im looking into this or im going with a high clock amd duel core.

search.gif

This is one of my pet peeves that drive me crazy. Conroe is a core. AM2 is a socket. They are completly different things so DONT COMPARE THE TWO!!

If you want to compare Conroe with something then and dont quote me on this because am not sure you would have to compare it too Windsor which I believe will be the top dual core, core when M2 comes out.

Conroe VS Windsor is the correct comparison NOT conroe VS M2.

AM2 means Socket 939 plus some additions to supposedly increase performance.

Just Conroe is enough to describe all the Conroe processors. Just Socket 939 is enough to describe all Single-Core/Dual-Core Athlon 64/X2 processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom