Too much Information! Need OC HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

updawg

Baseband Member
Alright I plan on OC a rig I build within the next month

Specs will be

CPU: Opteron 165 or X2 4400+ (never knew the difficulties of OC)
RAM: OCZ OCZP5002GXTC-K 2GB Kit DDR500 PC4000 Platinum XTC
GPU: eVGA 7900GTX (I MIGHT purchase another and SLI down the road.. i know its not cost effective etc..)

IF I didn't SLI what is the best mobo to OC on?

I want to know if this is the best ram to OC in regards to timings and increased MHZ.

Whats safer when OC in terms of a psu -- dual 12v rails(say with 22 amp each) or a high amperage single rail?

I will be using after market HSF and Antec P180B case with 4 Scythe S-Flex fans.

I know the Opteron 165 is best bang for your buck but I didn't realize the tedious task that goes into OC a chip.

Thanks,
Mike

It isn't that hard to OC a chip?

And I have that ram - they are stock 250 obvisouly and I am hitting 285 with only a slight voltage mod.

well not that hard, but tedious with hours of prime95 testing to make sure its stable, but thanks!

What are the timings on your ram?

If anyone can answer the rest of my questions I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Mike

3-4-4-8 for the ram.

And Quite honestly, I don't do 'hours of prime95 testing'. If it boots, good, lets play a couple hours of games and see if it really works!

Thanks for the input Alex!

If anyone can answer my mobo/psu questions I'd be very greatful.

Thanks,
Mike

Sure thing, i kinda go on tangents but feel free to hit me up on AIM if you need anything else :-\

k as for mobo, you either want MSI k8n neo4-f, or a DFI Lanparty UT ultra-d or SLi-dr, dont get the expert, its a bit screwy, and not sure they fixed the bugs yet.

if you want an explantion that n00bs understand, PM me with ur questions, thats how i learned the method of OC basics and advanced OCing, in n00b language, so i can explain it to u well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom